Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Perspective: The Poulton Project

About five or six years ago, I joined http://ManleyDNA.com and got a lot from it. But I was unaware that it started as a result of the Poulton Project! All these years of wondering whether I could find the father of George Manley. Suddenly, I am back at the Poulton Project with Sir Nicholas as my 11th generation grandfather! Incredibly interesting.

All of the people I emailed with, including Jim Maule, Cathy Manly Sockol, many others. You can see on the right a response from Jim Maule to my entreaties that he be closer to me than 1500 years ago!

Some things you might do - Wikitree is excellent! You need an email address and a password to log in but you might try "Manley-209" to see what it's like. It's http://www.wikitree.com.

The "Meet the Ancestors: The Black Hand" is not available, but the transcript is. See this URL.

The Poulton Project is not available, but a close project is. See the Time Teams work.


No comments:

Post a Comment